10.30.2009

Cars.



You know, I could post something about Halloween. But that would be lame and topical. Instead, I'd much rather post some things that I haven't expressed yet. I love cars. They inspire me in ways that I'm not sure how to express. I started working on cars back when I was about 12, fiddling around with my dad's 1976 BMW 2002. A helluva simple car, I started taking the engine apart to clean it and figure out how it all worked. I think my conception of every car's internals stems from the little four cylinder under the hood. I can't count how many times I put things back together in the wrong way and then retraced my steps to fix the problem.

In high school, I started fixing up my great-grandfather's 1940 Buick (pictured above, with the 2002) which he purchased new off the showroom floor. After three summers, I got it running again after sitting for almost 20 years. Those two cars taught me more about problem-solving, determination, mechanics, and everything else than I could have ever imagined. Because of that experience, my mind is never so at peace as when I'm fixing something mechanical, visualizing how all the pieces fit together to spin, float, tap, drive, or what have you.


Here are some cars.



















1 comment: