12.24.2009

Holiday Verse Appreciation



And if there's crack in the basement?
CRACKHEADS STAND ADJACENT
Anger displacement, Two step arrangements
You were a still born baby: Mother didn't want you, but you were still born
Boy meets world, of course his pops is gone
What you figga? That chalky outline on the ground is a father figure?
So he steps to the next stencil, that's a hustler
Infested with money and diamond cluster
Lets talk in laymen terms, Rotten apples and big worms
Early birds and poachers, New York is evil at it's core, so those who have more than them
Prepare to be victims, Ate up by vultures, the politicians
In a dog eat dog culture, that'll sick 'em
Lack of mineral, we take it personal
A pigeon can't drop shit if it never flew
Every day is no frills, empty krills
Broken 40 bottles and m.c's with skills
I rest my head on 115
But miracles only happen on 34th, so I guess life is mean
And death is the median
And purgatory is the mode that we settle in
Battered wives, molested children
Roaches on the floor, rats in the ceiling
Cats walk around New York with two fillin's
One is in their mouth the other, does the killin'

-Vast Aire, "Iron Galaxy," off Cannibal Ox's The Cold Vein

1 comment:

  1. Yeah tell me about it, it's a cold world out there. sometimes I feel like I'm getting a little frosty myself

    ReplyDelete