1.12.2010

Eternal Conflict #1: My Math Ain't Equallin'

I seem to be able to describe this song only by referring it to other cultural moments: the feeling of an 80's movie with Swayze; early Mariah song; Bladerunner. Usually that's the sign of a lazy writer, but I swear I'm trying. From what I understand, it's about the Rainbow Fish, who gave all her beautiful scales away until she had no more. Better yet, it's about how your greatest asset is also your darkest demon, or something. I'm feeling it, heavily.

(PS it's unclear whether the video lives up to the song)


I'm trying to calculate if this has any relevance to the epic, sweltering, improvised, and revelatory debate on how Beyonce figures in pop culture, happening in the comments section somewhere on this site.

4 comments:

  1. oh for sure. definitely related. I'm feeling it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. also, the craziest unexplained super powers of any video, to my knowledge

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the music that should've been during the credits of Carrie.

    ReplyDelete